Thursday, February 18, 2016

Chris Stapleton


PORTRAIT of CHRIS STAPLETON

Today I’m grateful for my God given talent of art. A melding of skill, knowledge and craftsmanship - a true gift that is greater than me, and for this I am thankful. I feel most alive when creating something that ignites me, inspires me and pushes me to do better work and live a more honest life. Today, Chris Stapleton is that someone. When he sings, I believe him. He sets fire to that passion in me. He digs deep, going to those unseen dark places in life that we all have (and if we’re honest) can relate to. He crosses over into Blues, Memphis Soul, Americana and Country with great spiritual depth. A colossal talent indeed.

Are you a fan of Chris? Was it his unprecedented 8-minute long stunning duet with Justin Timberlake at this years CMA awards? Or perhaps his astounding performance of ‘Cry’ on Jimmy Fallon which earned him a rare “we’re not worthy” bow from house drummer Questlove – to quote RollingStone.

This new work of Chris Stapleton took two months to create - from concept, research, collection of items to final assemblage. Each single piece was cut by hand, glued and assembled. 48 x 48 inches, ( 4ft x 4ft ) on canvas told in story through assembled, collaged, found and repurposed materials. Many thanks to my friend Elise Rand Smith for helping me find some of the many items such as:

• Various and collected pocket knives were used in making Stapleton’s hat
• 1970’s fishing lures, bobbers and reel
• Actual coal from Kentucky & Tennessee was used to form the horizon line
• A set of original, vintage black and white Kentucky coal mining photos 
• Vintage 45’s and reel-to-reel recording tape 
• Vintage jeans used to create his jacket

Original work is available for purchase subject to prior sale. Contact studio@brezinkadesign.com for inquiries. Thank you for stopping by to have a look. I hope you enjoy this new work. If so, please let me know and share it with your friends.


No comments: